A few weeks ago, I received some samples of Bob’s Red Mill’s new product. They’re nutritional booster protein powders.They sent me three different flavors, and they all have chia & probiotics in them:
I used them as my post-workout smoothie and loved them! Each serving gives you 20g of plant based protein. You could definitely get creative and use the powders in other ways like add it to your favorite muffin recipe or pancake/waffle mix.
I always use a banana in making smoothies for the sweetness and it gives it a smoother texture. For the vanilla, I used half a serving of the powder and then added 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter, a banana, almond milk and ice. I topped it with organic cacao nibs. It was delicious!
I think of the three flavors, the chocolate is my favorite…surprise, surprise?!
I generally use Nutiva’s Organic Hemp Protein Powder for my smoothie’s, but I think I need to get a bag of this stuff to use once in a while when I want something different. It really is a great product. Here’s some great stats:
- 20g plant-based protein per serving
- 12g fiber per serving (9 g soluble fiber)
- Beneficial Bacillus coagulans probiotics
- Good source of omega-3 fatty acids
- 35% RDA iron per serving
- Gluten free
- No soy ingredients
- No dairy ingredients
- Non-GMO sourced ingredients — Update 11/2017: Sadly, Bob’s Red Mill no longer makes these protein powders non-gmo. I’d try them again if they could source non-gmo ingredients.
What do you use to refuel your muscles after a tough workout? Have you tried any of these flavors? What is your favorite?