I was inspired by Candice over at Brave Little Runner who wrote up a list of races she’d love to do. I’ve had a mental list (and internet bookmarks) going but thought I’d get it all written down. These are not necessarily races that I will for sure do (although probably will do most!), they’re just ones I’d love to do if I have the opportunity.
- Ragnar Michigan – This NEEDS to happen next year. I was so excited when I heard about it recently, but it just doesn’t work for me this year. Next year I’m in as long as I can get a team together! 🙂 This one starts in Muskegon and you finish in Traverse City. Does it get any better than that?! I’d love to do this one with my husband.
- 13.Wine Half Marathon – Wine and running? I’m there! This race is through some of Michigan’s beautiful wine country. Just imagine running through the grape vineyards and apple orchards and enjoying a glass of locally made wine at the finish.
- North Country Trail Run – I’d love to run the half here. I love a nice medal, and this race doesn’t disappoint! They’re gigantic! It’s a fairly hilly and technical course, so it’s well deserved.Medal photo credit: The Everyday Warrior. The race offers a 50 mile ultra, marathon, and a half. If you run the half on Saturday, you can run it again on Sunday and get a crystal trophy for completing it 2x….haha I’m such a sucker for the bling that I would consider doing that if I wasn’t doing it alone. Who’s with me?! 😉
- One of the Nike Women’s Half Marathon races – I had the San Francisco one on my list, but it’s not happening there this year. So, maybe LA? What girl wouldn’t want a Tiffany necklace at the finish line? Yes…that is the only reason I want to do one of these races haha!Tiffany necklace photo credit: Fannetastic Food.
- GR Bridge Run 10 Miler – September is a busy month for us and this is another one that just hasn’t happened yet. I’d love to run it though! You run over some of Grand Rapids, MI historic bridges…hence the name ;).
- Run Crazy Horse Half Marathon – This race in South Dakota would be an interesting run as it’s mostly a downhill course! I can only imagine how shredded my quads would feel after this run…but seriously what a fun course! Check out the elevation map below. Whoa!
- Park 2 Park Half Marathon – I love West Michigan and being near water! So this is a must! You start and finish at the Ottawa County Fairgrounds. It follows the shores of Lake Macatawa to Holland State Park, and then heads to Tunnel Park and back to the Fairgrounds.
Lots of local Michigan races. I love race-cations, but sometimes sticking close to home and racing is pretty awesome! Can’t beat sleeping in your own bed the night before a race. 🙂
What are some of your bucket list races? Have you done any of the races on my list? Thoughts on them?