Better late than never, right? Disney week has come and gone! It was pretty fantastic! My Disney Princess Race recap is coming soon! But here’s what this past week looked like.
Sunday – I finished up the #runnersloveyogaCORE challenge with day 10’s sequence with a reclining variation of eagle pose. I had full intentions on attempting to lightly bike today, but it didn’t happen. We went out for brunch for Valentine’s day and then headed over to my parents so my husband could assemble my mom’s new road bike and get it all set-up for her. We got home after 4 and I was so tired and my toes hurt so bad (from what I now know is frostbite), so I skipped it.
Monday & Tuesday – I worked on packing. Dinner Tuesday was pancakes and fruit because we did a great job cleaning out the fridge in time for the trip! Not a whole lot left to choose from, so bananas, oranges and some warmed mixed berries with gluten free cinnamon pancakes for dinner. I surprised ‘A’ and made the pancakes Mickey mouse inspired. Mom is officially cool ;).
Thursday – Park day in the Magic Kingdom. Such a fun filled day!
We did/saw (I don’t think this is completely in order):
- Mad Tea Party
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Barnstormer (Our daughter’s first ‘rollercoaster’)
- Fast Pass: Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Fast Pass: Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Met Princess Tiana
- Festival of Fantasy Parade
- Met Aladdin & Jasmine — they had the most interaction with our daughter. They were so great with her!
- Fast Pass: Meeting Elsa & Anna
- Met Cinderella, Ariel, Snow White, Jasmine, and Aurora at dinner at Cinderella’s Royal Table – I was very pleased with the food here. There wasn’t a ton of gluten free friendly options, but everything was great!
- Caught part of the Main Street Electrical Parade as we were walking out of the castle from dinner.
Friday – Day 2 in Magic Kingdom. Since we stayed on Disney property, we took advantage of the extra magic hours in the morning. Here’s what we did (again, not in order)…
- Aladdin’s Magic Carpet – First ones on the ride! I like this more than Dumbo because the views here are cool!
- Jungle Cruise (sorry it’s sideways!)
- Walt Disney World Railroad – Great thing to do to rest your feet while in the park!
- Met Raffiki (spelling?)
- Dream Along with Mickey castle show
- It’s a Small World (I loved everything we did, but how is this still open??? In my opinion, it’s time for something new here.)
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Fast Pass: Met Cinderella (again) + Rapunzel
- Fast Pass: Seven Dwarf’s Mine Train — So much fun!! I am shocked ‘A’ was not scared to death on this or Barnstormer. Still smiling at the end! 🙂
- Fast Pass: Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
Then I went to the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex to pick up my race day packet (more on this in my race recap). After the expo we went back to the hotel to rest our feet at the pool and have dinner. Then we took a bus back to Magic Kingdom to catch the Disney Wishes fireworks show, which was awesome!
Saturday – Park day in Hollywood Studios.
- Beauty & the Beast Live On Stage – LOVED this! Very talented cast!
- Met Princess Sofia
- Fast Pass: Voyage of the Little Mermaid – Very cute show!
- Honey, I Shrunk the Kids movie set play area – We had to check this out since it’s going to be demolished to make room for Toy Story land (can’t wait to see that when it’s open). I have fond memories playing here as a kid, so it was cool to get to take ‘A’ before it is torn down.
- Zootopia movie sneak preview – It was a 10 min. preview and definitely made us want to go see it! Looks really cute! They passed out little fox and bunny ears for the kids to wear.
- Met Mike & Sully from Monsters Inc.
- Checked out the ‘walk of fame’ handprints
- Fast Pass: Toy Story Midway Mania – This was a blast!! We would have done it again if we had multiple fast passes for it ;).
- Met Chip & Dale
- Fast Pass: For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-along Celebration. My daughter was in awe of the “snow” falling at the end.
Ahhh…take me back! Please :). My daughter has a snow day today!
Have you been to Disney World? What is your favorite park and attraction?