Marathon recap coming as soon as I get a chance to type it up! But, until then…here’s a few random thoughts that have gone through my head since yesterday’s marathon.
- Oh my gosh…I did it!!!!!!
- I feel like I can do anything now!!!
- I can’t wait to go out to eat!!!!!
- I want to take a nap.
- Wow! I feel pretty good for just running that far. Knees a little sore, hips really tight, but I feel good!!!!
- Holy sunburn! Did not expect the sun to come out today when they forecasted thunderstorms.
- 1 day post marathon – Bending legs to sit down on the toilet is now a challenge. I should have installed a handle bar on the wall for support in marathon recovery.
- Make note to have handle bar installed in bathroom when we build our next house.
- Oh crap. My daughter has school tomorrow and there are steps to get up to the doors to the school. That’ll be fun!
- Oh heeeey! Post marathon bonus – My husband is forced to do the laundry because I can’t walk up or down stairs.
- I’m never running another marathon.
- I can’t wait until I can go running again!
- I should look into some local marathons and see what the elevation gain is on them. Maybe I could do a flat one next year. Wait no! Not doing another one.
- Ahhh my lower body is so sore!! Why didn’t I book a post race massage again? Someone rub my legs, please!!!
- Oooh the GR marathon is expensive! I’ll have to put it on my calendar to register early.
- Plugs in Garmin GPS watch – whaaaat??? 950 ft. elevation gain??? I’m awesome!!!!!
- Aww man. I can’t get out of this chair. I suck.
- I love running.